Monday, January 7, 2008

Santiago, Chile

Well I've spend the last couple of days hanging out in Santiago which has been great. A really friendly city with pretty of atmosphere. The weather is great but extremely hot. Way hotter than I expected so I think the riding is going to be even harder......great eh like I need it to be even more challenging!!!!
Last night I went out for a couple of beers and something to eat which was fun as I meet up with a few other backpackers. Had a couple of mas grande cerveras in an area called Bellavista which has a lot of bars and restaurants and then came back to the hostel for a couple more!
I also managed to put the bike back together yesterday after the flight over and it seemed to survive ok. I've checked and re-check all of the nuts and bolts to make sure everything is fixed on correctly and I've packed my packs yet again all ready to head north tomorrow. I've be getting up early before the real heat of the day kicks in and ride out of Santiago. Looking forward to finally getting on the bike so I hope it all comes together tomorrow with no major problems. Getting out of Santiago will be interesting as it is a pretty large busy city! I'll let you know how the riding goes after tomorrow!!!
Check out the new photos I've posted.........just follow the link on the blog home page.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

pete
good stuff on the update. sorry didn't catch up before you shot thru. take care and keep us posted.

PS: bike looks like a tank
side bulge

Anonymous said...

Told you mate it was going to be hot!!!
buena suerte y segui en contacto.

Tino.

Anonymous said...

Turtle

I am not sure that you are wise given the limited level of cerveza loading undertaken in Santiago before heading North. Then again the water bottle beneath your down tube suggests that you were dessip when putting the bike together.

Keep the rubber side down, Hippovelo

Anonymous said...

Mister Reeves,

Glad to hear you made it to Santiago safe and sound! Hope the bike stays together - hehe of course it will! It does look like a tank! Watch out for the wild mountain women over there!

Carla :)

Anonymous said...

Finally, the long haul trucker makes it out onto the road. The start of something fantastic..